The nonprofit medical center has 210 inpatient beds; a 66-bed long-term care facility, Kingston Nursing Center; a 22-bed sub-acute care facility, Medstar; and a Wellness & Fitness Center. Employing over 1400, CMC is one of the county’s largest employers.
View CMC's Administration Team
The facility’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 200 physicians, representing 30 specialties. The medical center also owns Conway Physicians Group which includes the following physician practices: CPG Aynor Family Medicine; CPG Family Medicine @ 11th Avenue - Aynor; CPG Carolina Bays ENT; CPG Endocrinology; CPG Family Medicine at Towne Centre; and Bell Street; CPG Family Medicine & Urgent Care at Socastee; CPG Gastroenterology; CPG Internal Medicine at Creel Street, and Myrtle Trace Drive; CPG Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery; CPG OB/GYN at Carolina Forest; CPG Pediatrics at Carolina Forest; CPG Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine; CPG Waccamaw Cardiology; CPG Woman's Medical Center and CPG Conway OB/GYN.
Diagnostic services include cardiac catheterization, PET scanning, two high-speed GE CT Systems including a 64-slice CT scanner, 3-D heart scans, PET scanning, MRI, breast MRI, bone-density screening, digital mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, high definition endoscopy/bronchoscopy, and a sleep-disorders lab.
The facility also offers an outpatient physical therapy and cardiac rehabilitation program. The center specializes in general and vascular surgery, joint replacement surgery, weight loss surgery, medical care to include critical care, telemetry, inpatient dialysis, palliative care, obstetrics, pediatrics and women's services.
See CMC's 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment
See CMC's 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment Implementation Strategies
- Conway Medical Center (CMC) was only one of 18 hospitals in the country, out of 336 who participated, to receive the QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare, from Premier, Inc. for delivering high quality, cost effective healthcare. QUEST - Quality, Excellence, Safety with Transparency - is one of the nation's most comprehensive hospital collaborative programs which measures six key areas: patient experience, readmissions, costs, evidence-based care, harm and mortality. CMC achieved top performance in all six of the areas measured.
- CMC received high marks from Healthgrades, the leading online resource that helps consumers search and compare physicians and hospitals. Our 5-star ratings in the service lines listed below indicates that CMC's clinical outcomes are better than expected when treating the condition or conducting the procedure being evaluated. These achievements are part of the new findings released in American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2015: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, which evaluated hospital performance at over 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 33 of th emost common inpatient procedures and conditions. CMC received:
- 2015 Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- Top 5% in the nation for Overall Pulmonary Services
- 5-Stars for Total Knee Replacement
- 5-Stars for COPD
- 5-Stars for Colorectal Surgeries
- 5-Stars for Treatment of Pneumonia
- CMC earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) ENERGY STAR certification which signifies that the building performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and meets strict energy efficiency performance levels set by the EPA. CMC is only one of three hospitals in the state to earn this designation and only one of 186 nationwide.
- Kingston Nursing Center, the an 88-bed facility offering Long Term Care and Subacute Care affiliated with Conway Medical Center, received My InnerView Excellence in Action award from National Research Corporation. This honor recognizes skilled nursing homes that achieve the highest levels of satisfaction excellence, as demonstrated by overall resident or employee satisfaction scores that fall within the top 10 percent of the My InnerView product database.